A fire broke out at the Hamilton home of a Syracuse University basketball star Michael Carrter-Williams in the middle of the NCAA basketball tournament.
HAMILTON, Mass. —A Syracuse University basketball star was playing in a NCAA basketball tournament game Saturday night when his Hamilton home caught fire. Flames began shooting through the roof of the Cutler Road home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Michael Carter-Williams, at about 10:15 p.m. Firefighters had a difficult time dousing the flames because of heavy smoke but were able to get it under control after a couple of hours. They believe the blaze started in a wood stove outside.